Maintain ecological balance of the forest environment where people, forests and wildlife co-exist in harmony.
The project is primarily concerned with the conservation of forest ecosystems and resident flora and fauna species for sustainable livelihood. We aim at:
- Reducing current rates of forest loss/conversion and species extinction;
- Conserving vulnerable and keystone species of wildlife including viable habitats;
- Restoring forests and wildlife populations to viable levels;
- Fostering harmonious co-existence between forest lands and forest communities;
- Promoting the conservation and sustainable use of forest resources;
- Reconciling conflicts between growing demands by resource users and conservation needs;
- Reducing the effects of Climate Change by promoting forest restoration and regeneration programmes;
- Advocating positive change and attitudes/actions/policies that advances sustainable utilization of forest resources.